7.22.2013

Blurred British Lines

Everytime I see an actor that I think is cool, they always end up being British or Australian or from some other exotic place with an attractive accent while they pose as an American on televisions across the country. My latest surprise was Joshua Bowman who plays Daniel from Revenge.


I am pretty good and spotting a fake accent, but he is dead on! It would probably be harder for him as well considering two other main characters are from Britain and actually use their British accent in the show.

The difficulty hits home whenever I am talking to any of my Chicago native friends or have had a few beers, my husband immediately knows that I am on the phone with some of my friends or family from home as my As change dramatically.

Coming back to the whole British American fake out... the opposite actually happened to me for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I had been convinced since one of Robin Thicke's first big hits "Lost Without U" that he was British. I didn't even question it in fact. He had funny hair and a high voice and seemed very European to me.

Imagine my surprise when I find out that he is the son of none other than 80s dad icon Jason Seaver from Growing Pains, Alan Thicke!


This sort of rocked my world. He is as American as they come and his 2013 summer hit "Blurred Lines" has been blaring out of my radio for the past month. The unrated video, on the other hand, is a little risque and demeaning for my taste...

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)