10.28.2011

Things a Thirty-Year-Old Knows...

This picture just makes me laugh - you should never take yourself too seriously! 
This is "Contemplative Jo."

1. I feel like I am a lot smarter now than when I was 25. I hope in 5 years I will be a lot smarter at 35 than I am at 30 and so on. I think the whole idea in life is to keep learning and growing so it isn't a bad thing to not be as smart today as you will be tomorrow.

2. Worrying about the past is time that you are wasting in the present. Forgive, forget, and move on... even though this is a lot easier said than done.

3. Sometimes you can't choose your family, but you can choose your friends. Choose wisely because my friends can be the reason for the best days of my year and I also try to be a dependable friend to them.

4. If you don’t like who you are or where your life is headed, change it, one thing at a time and as quickly as possible. This is actually something in our world that is in your control, and life is short.

5. I realize now more than ever that no toy can ever replace the time I was able to spend with my parents as a kid. What we lacked in material goods was made up for in time, time that molded me into the adult I am today.

2 comments:

  1. Jo - this pic literally made me laugh out loud. Love your words of wisdom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! Thanks. My coworker friend and I were feeling especially funny that morning, especially when she saw what coffee cup I pulled out of our shared break room cabinet.

    ReplyDelete

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)