9.14.2011

Considerate Driving

"Don't cut me off! Loser!" I like to scream in my car at people who are being a-holes, and most of the time I end up feeling like I am the one who lost the battle...

This happens a lot when big accidents happen on the main thoroughfares of my commute. And this picture above is what happens EVERY time there is extra traffic on the little side road I take to turn onto the main road.

Assholes happen.

They are everywhere, I know, but what I do wish I could find out is why about 1 out of every 10 people thinks they are so entitled to cut off people who have rightfully waited for their turn at the stop light?

Rant Warning:
The stop light lasts roughly 4 minutes on red before turning green, at which point about 8-10 cars can get out. The line of cars is seriously backed up so far that you can't even see the stop light... yet people still go in that right lane and they know what they are doing, and we all know what they are about to do - CUT YOU OFF!

So here is a message to all those drivers:
You will NEVER get in front of me. I would rather rear end the person I am behind, rather than let you in since you cut about 40 people to get where you are going, and that is just not fair. Do you think we are idiots? No, it is called common courtesy and I am happy to report that most of the drivers have it, but you don't. So go ahead and be late for your fast food serving job and f-off. Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. I couldn't more closely relate to this schematic if I tried. Very similar intersection on my way to work...and let me tell you I'd rather rear end the person in front of me than to let an ASSHOLE in. I call them "lane slammers".

    ReplyDelete

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)