6.27.2011

Vine Ripe Tomatoes and Salsa!

 
If you are like me, you know a lot of people who garden (or maybe you, yourself, have a little garden). And I would say that odds are pretty good that they've got more tomatoes on their hands than they can handle, well here is how you can help them out with this problem! Take a few and make some yummy salsa! 

Recipe below :)

3 medium size tomatoes
1 small white onion
1 tsp. of minced garlic
half bunch of fresh cilatro (the leafy parts, not the stems)
1-2 fresh jalapenos (seeded) (1 is mild, 1.5 is medium, ...you get the idea)
1 tbsp. of lime juice
season salt to taste

I put it all into a food processor/ chopper, but I put the jalapeno pieces in first alone to make sure those are finely chopped, and then I add everything else. Refrigerate for a few hours before you eat it for best results.

If you like SUPER HOT - I-can't-feel-my-tongue-anymore salsa, then experiment with adding the seeds from the jalapenos. I am a medium salsa girl so I try to buy the two smallest jalapenos at the store and add them both so I am not sitting around with a random half pepper in my kitchen.

Delicious with homemade baked tortilla chips as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)