2.02.2011

Snuggle Time!


You can make fun of them all you want, but I am a BIG fan of a Snuggie (or Slanket pictured above)! The comedians try to depict people who can't wear a blanket and do simple tasks as silly, but I beg to differ - a blanket with sleeves is genius (and no, it is not a robe put on backwards, unless your robe has a long train on it?).

I am sure there are a lot of more important and meaningful inventions of the 21st Century, but it is the little things that makes this girl happy. Coming from someone who keeps her house pretty chilly, this is the perfect remedy. I can hold my kitty, play on my iPad, change the channel, cuddle my baby niece, etc. all without my arms getting cold!

We own 1 regular Snuggie, 1 marshmallow fabric type-snuggie (I am pretty sure this was an off-brand), and 1 Slanket, and I have to say all three serve a great purpose! Incase you are looking at getting one yourself, I have a few tips below:

The Snuggie, however cheap, is made of cheap material. It is similar to fleece, but not as soft as I would like it. That search led me to the marshmallow fabric suggie-like blanket I found at Walmart. It is made out of that super duper soft fleece you see baby blankets made out of and this has become my snuggie of choice. And lastly, if you are 6'-0" tall or taller, I would suggest the Slanket. It is made out of a heavier fabric than the Snuggie and is all around larger size, which causes it to be a bit pricier, but my husband loves it!

If my household could handle one more blanket with sleeves, I would definitely get the one above! I LOVE that pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)