12.12.2010

Modern Gingerbread House




Well, I've been in Hawai'i for the week so that is why there were a lack in posts. I will update more on my vacation soon! For now, I have been pondering modern design in a traditional holiday activity...

I recently saw an Acura commercial featuring items that were frivolous. One of the people on the commercial paid a famous architect to design his gingerbread house in a "modernist style" and I found these pictures showing similar houses to the one in the Acura commercial.

It may be frivolous if you pay an architect to design your gingerbread house, but what if you are the architect (or even a fan of architecture) who designs it themselves? I always see those little kits in Wal-mart for 10 bucks for the generic 10x10 gingerbread house that everyone has seen a million times... boring! I now (if I have time ;)) want to design my own gingerbread masterpiece! Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

From Charleston, South Carolina to your computer. I hope you enjoy. :)